March 10, 2005

Random March Update

Haven't written in a while. Have been kind of busy and thinking a lot as usual. I'll just type random things that pops up. I finally got to see Fellini's La Strada last night. Great movie. It's funny how they don't make films the way they used to. I guess it's because of technology and the changes in society. Mainly, I think most filmmakers are scared and afraid to take the risk.

I've been looking for a new Starbucks to write in. The one I used to go to, well, I wasn't able to really get my work done there anymore because this girl that works there talks to me a lot. It's to the point where it gets annoying and I can't get my work done. I guess I won't be as friendly to the people at the next Starbucks couch I take over.

I'm currently using Sophocles to write my screenplay. They have a new version coming out and I'm beta testing it. And I have to say that this new version blows all other screenwriting programs away. I am so enthusiastic and hyper about this new version. I cannot wait until it comes out. It's what I've been needing because it has extra features in it that allows me to organize my thought and notes, lets you rearrange your scenes, has a structural checklist that reminds you that you have the elements you need, and etc. Now, I don't have to have a bunch of post-it notes laying all over the place. Or a bunch of windows opened up on my screen from Word to notepad to Excel. Also, it has a production management/schedule built into it. It is just too awesome. I'm tired of the praise that Final Draft has. It's not even that great. And Movie Magic has some bugs in it; it always erased my work. I am so eager to master this new version of Sophocles so that I can work on two - three scripts at once. I'm tired of putting off my other ideas until I finish my current one. My hands and wrists are killing me. I can't wait to finish so I can take a whole year off from a keyboard.

I've been watching Starlet on the WB. That's a channel that I hardly watch. It's sort of like Apprentice or American Idol, but for actresses. The good thing about watching this is that you learn some things about acting. The best part is watching the choices they make as an actor. You can see how each person who's trying for the same role makes different choices and you can see who is better. That's why making the right choices is important as an actor. And it's great if your choices are the same way the writer or director envisioned it. If not the same, maybe even better.

I'm also into Law & Order now. My friend was bugging me about it and I've also heard that the writing in it is great. I finally decided to watch it and when I do - Murphy's Law arises. Right when your friend tells you to watch this show because it's great, it turns out to be the worst episode ever. I'm sure something like this has happened to all of you before.

I haven't been eating as much as I used to and I noticed that I got really skinny. I got to start eating more and hit the gym again.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a small Starbucks on 8th Avenue and around 15th or 16th Street in the city. Seems very peaceful and have seen people with laptops who seem to station themselves there on a regular basis.

11:24 PM  
Blogger drameddie said...

Thanks. I'll try to check it out.

4:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you need an update, bad!!!

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://lbdcmuvp.com/kvqk/lmgo.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://zyvbsimr.com/zoqq/fcuz.html]Cool site[/url]

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://lbdcmuvp.com/kvqk/lmgo.html | http://lujqpmod.com/nude/nxzm.html

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home