January 07, 2005

Scriptadeedoodah! - they just come

Spoke with a friend earlier today and was able to get some ideas to fix up a scene in my script. I hate it when I feel a scene doesn't work, but once I keep trying and find the piece that fits, it feels so damn good. And that doesn't happen very often. You can't force it. All of a sudden they just come out from nowhere and smacks you right in the face. It's similar to when you lose your keys or something. You spend all day looking for it, but you can't find it. Then one day when you're not looking, it just shows up in front of your face. That's why when I have this gut feeling that it fits, I know it fits. And when I feel it sucks, I know it sucks. It may not be the best, but as long as it fits, it will have a better place to work from.

A few weeks ago, I was laying in bed thinking of an opening for this one scene. I did not like the way I had already written it. It sucked a whole lot and it just didn't fit right. It was driving me nuts. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with it, but I knew it just didn't flow well. I'd fall asleep thinking about it. Then one night, when I wasn't thinking about it, an idea just hit me. And again, it felt sooooooo damn goooooood. Isn't it strange?

This can also relate to love. How do they say it? The harder you try to look for love, you will not find it. It will come look for you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean! It happens to me all the time! I'll look for something where I last left it but never find it and when I'm not looking for it, it will mysteriously reappear. My older coworker tells me they are my senior moments but I swear it's like some supernatural force is hiding it from me!! I used to believe in the - love will come look for me theory.. but I'm not young and still single so maybe I should get my lazy ass up and start looking for it myself.. Anyway, next time your stressed, go for a walk and when you come back, maybe the thought will just come.

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home