January 06, 2005

No Call From Doc

I still have not received a phone call from the doctor to schedule a date for my mom's surgery. I hate this. I want to call, but my mom doesn't want me to call. She said to wait for them to call. It's because my mom is having second thoughts now and doesn't want to do it. We got into an argument about this. Something similar happened last year too. A doctor at Bellvue actually suggested my mom to go to another hospital or doctor because they were booked up or something, but he corrected himself. Because he knew he is not allowed to say things like that to patients. And he got paranoid and told me not to tell anyone or forget that he mentioned it. And he said he'll call us to schedule, but my mom had to leave the country. To make a long story short: the doctor never called and my mom never got her eye surgery. After two months of convincing, she finally went to see another doctor that told us that it was too late for her to get the eye surgery. And I was very upset about it, but my mom was happy about it. This is so stupid. Anyway, I want her to be able to see for a long time. For now, she has to watch her sugar and take good care of it. But a lot of times, I wonder if she is telling me the truth when I ask her how she is feeling. It gets pretty frustrating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home