January 04, 2005

Got My Omnicef

I should have known that the doctor's office would be closed on the first day of the year. So, I struggled with another day of throat pain and went to the doctor the following day. I've been having a hard time sleeping since I'm constantly having a dry cough. I also lost part of my voice. I had a had trouble speaking. I was not able to sing or hum a tune. If I did, you would hear me squeak. Anyway, at the doctor's office, I noticed that on record, the last time I had this problem was around June 2003. And it started around July 2002. It was ongoing for a year.

I got my cephlasporin. I was prescribed with omniceff. Since I currently don't have insurance, the doctor was nice enough to give me six free samples of the medication. I did not think six capsules would be enough for me. She insisted on not writing me a prescription for it and to just take the six capsules and see how it goes. She told me that the omnicef capsules costs about $4.50 each. I would need to take it for a week, twice a day. And that would come out to a lot of money. But I insisted she write me one. If I really need it, then I will go pay for it. I rather have the prescription voucher in hand and not have to pay fifty dollars for another visit to the doc. I'm still coughing, but at least my voice came back. Also, I got a flu shot for thirty-five dollars.

I'm going to try to apply for medicaid for the time being. The doctor gave me some information about this person that can help me. So, hopefully when I get it, I can finally have a real look at my patella tendinitis knee problem, carpal tunnel problem, and sudden loss of hearing in my left ear that happened while I was watching the Shawshank Redemption. Strange huh?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The information were very helpful for me, I've bookmarked this post, Please share more information about this
Thanks

1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home