December 21, 2004

Do Not Fall into the Christmas Hype!

I've been listening to the radio lately. I actually like listening to Christmas carols and singing them. I guess also because they are easier to sing. Anyway, there was this thing about Christmas hype I heard on the radio. Mostly everyone thinks you have to be all happy during the Christmas holidays and that you should receive gifts. You see it on television commercials and on television shows. They show how everyone is all happy and that this is how Christmas should be. Well, on the radio, they said statistics shows that not everyone in the whole world is like that. Not even half. So, don't feel alone or depressed that you're not all happy with family, relatives, and friends. Or that you're not receiving gifts and going to great parties. Why? Because you are not alone on this. And probably neither is the person sitting next to you on the train. Or the person next to him/her with a bag full of presents from shopping. As I heard on the news, and as Kiwi told me, "Christmas is a holiday that puts you in financial debt." I thought that is quite true, for some folks.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Xmas is just another holiday the world made so that we the public can help boost the economy. its just like valentine's day, why the heck are you going to purchase a gift for your loved one on a day EVERYONE else will. why not be different and play the element of surprise and get them something on any other day?!?! i feel the same way, guess we're getting older and wiser and a bit bitter now... but its true...xmas does and will get you in financial debt... i had credit cards and i hate these tricks of making you buy things! i do admit, once in a blue moon, buying still satisfies my fixes, but i have tamed myself. (damn dood... make me want to post a blog too! hahaha )

8:27 AM  
Blogger drameddie said...

True to that!

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home