December 20, 2004

Eddie & Linda Goes to Cheeburger Cheeburger without Harold & Kumar

Had a rough journey to Cheeburger Cheeburger today. If you haven't tried it, you should definitely check it out. You can order the famous gigantic ONE-POUNDER cheeseburger there. With a bunch of toppings. And if you're able to finish it, they take a Polaroid photo of you and post it up on there One-Pounder Wall of Fame in the restaurant. They also have a lot of flavors of shakes. It's sort of like a Johnny Rockets, but with bigger burgers I guess. I like Cheeburger better.

The first time that I've been to Cheeburger was last year in September when I was spending most of my days working on my script inside Starbucks, while it was nice and hot outside, Florida. I was only a block away from the beaches. Starbucks tends to have a nice atmosphere for me to concentrate and work on my screenplay. But it has to be a nice Starbucks with a couch, NOT one of those ghetto Starbucks that they throw into a cheesy neighborhood. Speaking of cheese -- When I got back to NYC, I've been having a craving for this One Pounder burger. But I couldn't find any around here. Florida has many. Until a few weeks ago, I looked up their website and found 2 near me. One in NJ. And one in Port Washington, LI. And today, the journey took place to Port Washington The weather forecast predicted rain that will eventually turn to snow. At 3:15pm, I did not see any rain nor snow. Seem like it was alright to take the long hour trip for a burger. As I was almost there, it started raining, and it got dark, plus with my poor stigmatic eyesight, driving on the wet reflective glaring road, I got lost. And it was creepy because my windows started getting foggy and I could not see while entering into those dark countryside abandoned roads. Cars on the other lane coming towards my way with the bright headlights totally blinded me. Besides that, Mapquest kind of sucks. They get some roads wrong and the names wrong. I gave up on following their directions and was able to find my the holy grail.

I needed to eat right away so that I could take an Advil. I ordered the famous pounder , well done, with lettuce, tomato, onions, ketchup, mayo, roasted peppers, pickles, and american cheese. Linda ordered the semi-serious 1/3lb with lettuce, tomato, honey mustard, pickles, olives, and mozzarella cheese. We had an order of Frings! which came out kind of burnt. It was so yummy. Had to eat it with a fork first. I totally forgot to take a picture of it. Linda liked it, but didn't like it that much. You know why!?! The mozzarella cheese! A cheeseburger is not a cheeseburger if you don't put American cheese on it. It tastes so much better. She took a few bites of mine and liked the American cheese better. So, that sucks. I wish she got American instead of mozzarella. So, if YOU ever go to Cheeburger, please order it with American cheese.

The place is nice and dimly lit with pink and blue neon lights. Has that 6o's touch. During the meal, the raining stopped, On my way back home, it started raining again. Then the rain turned to snow. And then I got lost again. I should have believed the Doppler 5000.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://bqvhsqht.com/dnqa/cday.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://blyxkqnq.com/phdg/mmjr.html]Cool site[/url]

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://bqvhsqht.com/dnqa/cday.html | http://pkqojutk.com/hngp/okch.html

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home