January 13, 2005

Windows Print Work

I had gone to an audition today for some print work. It was for Windows XP print advertising. A friend of mine had sent me the information and I thought I can use the money, "IF" I get the job. It pays a thousand dollars for just one day of work. They were not looking for an athletic or muscular type, just a regular guy. The other thing they were looking for was a wide range of hair types and one of them was salt'n'pepper hair. For those of you who know me, I think my hair fits that description really well. Don't you think? So, I went and it reminded me of my old auditioning days. And I miss it a lot. The adventure within it. The nervousness. The wondering of whether you make it in or not. The rejection. I find that all exciting. I know it sounds crazy, but I guess it's like the "high" that people get from gambling, skydiving, bungee jumping, and etc.

Everyone had a portfolio or comp cards with them. I had nothing except for my outdated actor's resume (which is of no use for print work) that still had my old email address on it; I had to cross it out and handwrite in my new one, and a cheesy b&w photo that was printed out from a HP color printer. And you can tell it was from a desktop printer. I doubt I got the job. Why? Well, because I have developed acne during the past year and that's not good. And the other thing, that is funny, is that the photographer who took my pictures did not shake my hand and gave me a weird look. Yup! I saw him shaking everyone else's hand and being cool with them, but not with me. Haha. Funny huh? I guess I didn't make it. But don't worry, that's not going to stop me from other opportunities.

Afterwards, I spent some time in Starbucks to review my screenplay. And I want to get it done as soon as I can before I go broke and so that I can find a temporary job and so I can audition for other things. Oh, I'm also writing a song for the screenplay too. Hope that works out.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

screenplay writer??? songwriter??? actor??? singer??? dood, with all those skills you should be a millionaire.

3:00 PM  
Blogger drameddie said...

Errr...Do I know you?

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

does it matter? this is for posting comments, right?

4:52 PM  
Blogger drameddie said...

Yup!

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home